Prof. Dr. Markus Hehn
- Degree in business (University of Trier)
- Dr oec. (University of St. Gallen)
- Several years working in the field of corporate finance at DZ BANK AG, most recently as Director M&A
- Head of Green Tech Services for Deloitte Tax & Consulting, Luxembourg
- Professor of Corporate Finance at the Mainz University of Applied Sciences
- Numerous consultancy briefs from partners of family businesses, listed companies, private equity companies, insolvency administrators and start-ups
- Specialisms: M&A, succession advice, financing mandates (both corporate and for projects)
- Selected relevant publications:
- Monograph: Auswirkungen der Beteiligung von Private Equity Gesellschaften auf die Governance von Familienunternehmen in Deutschland (Impact of the involvement of private equity companies on the governance of family businesses in Germany) 2011, Lohmar.
- Collection of articles: Cave-Bigeley, Richard et al: Something Has to Give. Soon. M&A Prospects for Europe’s Cleantech Venture Portfolio, Cleantech Gruppe, 2012
- Article: Hehn, Markus; Scholz, Marko Thomas: Steuerliche Risiken beim Unternehmenskauf (Tax risks in acquisitions) in: WISU, vol. XLIII, no. 12, p. 1463 – 1468, 2014.
- Article: Hehn, Markus; Ulrich, Stephan: Due Diligence und ihre potentiellen Auswirkungen auf den Unternehmenskauf, (Due diligence and its potential impact on acquisitions) in: GmbH Rundschau, vol. CIII, no. 19, S. R263 – R265, 2012.
- Fully qualified lawyer and solicitor since 2001
- qualified restructuring manager
- 2001/2002 employed by Berlin lawyers Nacke & Leffler in the area of insolvency administration
- from 2003 to the end of 2010 employed by Dr. Frenzel & Kollegen GbR as a lawyer, working particularly in the area of securing the continuation of businesses and their restructuring
- since 2007 he has worked for a number of courts as an insolvency administrator in his own practice
- assisting with and organisation of numerous company rescues, both as a (provisional) insolvency administrator and as lead lawyer for a number of insolvency administrators
- Many years of experience in preparing and carrying out the sale of business assets to new corporate identities in company rescues across a wide variety of sectors
- Numerous publications as author in insolvency law periodicals, including the Neue Zeitschrift für Insolvenz- und Sanierungsrecht
- Berlin/Brandenburger Arbeitskreis für Insolvenzrecht e.V.
- Leipziger Insolvenzrechtsforum e.V.
- Neue Insolvenzverwaltervereinigung Deutschlands e.V.